Create User Hierarchy

Create User Hierarchy

by Ivn Vai -
Number of replies: 0

Hi there,

I am new to Moodle and working with even the latest version 2.2.1 and have absolutely no clue of how to do what I am about to say next. Please help.

I would like to have a Moodle site to teach my organization's different departments certain courses.

I would like to create different departments in Moodle (like Finance, Banking, Retail,etc) and have multiple sections in each of those departments say Section1, Section 2 for Finance Department, Section 3, Section 4, Section 5 for Retail Department n so on.

Now each of these sections would have further areas in it, say Section 1 has Area A, Area B, Area C. Section 2 has Area D, Area E. And these areas would eventually have many staff members.

I would like to have a Manager for each department, and a supervisor for each of my sections and areas as the incharge.

Eventually I would like to upload courses, learning activities, resources and would want my different departments to access these courses as per their requirements.

I would also want to have a report feature department wise, section wise,  area wise to see the statistics of each department but based on hierarchy. So only d appropriate role person can view reports from their hierarchy and down. But this is a latter feature.

Now the big question is there already a way in Moodle through which I can create such a hierarchy and when ever my user signs up I assign it to a dept, section and area?

If yes please I would really like to know how can I do this as this is driving me crazy and have looked up a lot at Moodle docs n online forums but to no success.

If such a feature doesn't exist, Is there a way to create it and how?

Please any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Average of ratings: -