Meta course rights loss

Meta course rights loss

by Greg Jeffrey -
Number of replies: 3

We have a number of Meta courses linked to 2 Child courses; "All Students" and "Staff in a Student Role".  Within the Meta courses the appropriate Teachers have been "promoted", using locally assigned roles, when necessary.  My recollection is that this has worked just fine but recently teachers are complaining that they have lost their teaching rights and I have had to reset them.  Can anyone advise what is going wrong please?
(Ver. 1.9.13)

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Greg Jeffrey

Re: Meta course rights loss

by Jeremy Woodham -

It appears to be the same in Moodle 2.1+ (Build: 20110719)

A student has been enroled to a course via Meta Courses, however I have assinged Editing Teacher through Enrolments with no change in status. I have also added the student to a forum as an Editing Teacher, again with no change in status.

In reply to Jeremy Woodham

by Greg Jeffrey -

Hmmmm  in my case it is people losing rights.  My 'upgraded' Teacher has twice lost lost rights and been demoted back to Student.  Having corrected her on the 30th Jan she still has Teacher rights today (3 days later) but I can't guarantee she will have next weekend when she wants to work on it sad

My changes have been through "Locally Assigned Roles".  The actual "enrolment" would be through the Child course.  I just want everyone to have access to some courses (eg to the Library or a Drama Billboard) on a student level, but to promote the Librarian or Drama teacher - and have it stick. 

In reply to Greg Jeffrey

by Greg Jeffrey -

This really is odd - the rights stayed ok until Monday when the teacher found she had lost her rights again.  Does anyone have a thought on why rights would be ok for nearly a week and then fail on me?