Submission confirmation pop-up box (Moodle v. 2.0.4)

Submission confirmation pop-up box (Moodle v. 2.0.4)

by Max Monclair -
Number of replies: 4

When finishing a Quiz, there is a request to confirm the submission of one's answers, like this:

confirm

The problem is that some users of Internet Explorer are being blocked from seeing this, and thus they cannot complete the quiz. I've tried walking two users through setting their Javascript and security settings in IE so that their pop-ups weren't being blocked, but they continue to not be able to see this after checking to make sure that Javascript & cookies are accepted, and that they aren't blocking pop-ups. When they move to another browser, or to IE on a different computer, it works fine.

What are some other browser settings that might affect this? Is there a way to disable this pop-up box in Moodle, so as to avoid browser issues?

Thanks,
Max 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Max Monclair

Re: Submission confirmation pop-up box (Moodle v. 2.0.4)

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Which version of internet explorer? Are any JavaScript error messages being displayed?

In reply to Tim Hunt

by Max Monclair -

One was using IE 8 and the other was using IE 9. I asked about any other errors, and neither saw any. I asked if there was a pop-up blocker message that came up. In one case, the person called while away from her computer, and was not inclined to go back and walk through it with me.

In the other case, I was able to walk the person through it and ask what she was seeing as she did her quiz (this was over the phone). She did not see any error messages or warnings. She simply got to the step shown above, and nothing happened. I instructed her to check her browser settings (in IE 8) to see if she had any settings that would interfere with Javascript, cookies or pop-ups. She indicated that everything was set to work with these items. I suggested she try Firefox, which she did and completed the quiz with no trouble.

Out of 200+ users of the site since we set it up last fall, these are the only instances where this has happened, so this is an anomaly as far as we can tell. For now, I've instructed anyone else taking troubleshooting calls to advise students having similar trouble to use a different browser or a different computer, whichever is available, but I'd like to find a more elegant solution. 

In reply to Max Monclair

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Well, a pop-up blocker should not block it, becuase it is not a pop-up. As you say, we really need better information to be able to say more.

In reply to Max Monclair

by Stephanie Allen -

This is also causing a problem when accessing the quiz using the Safari browser on an iPad