Updating Calculated question gives Error: mdb->get_record() found more than one record!

Updating Calculated question gives Error: mdb->get_record() found more than one record!

av Peter Halverson -
Antall svar: 7

Hello,

I recently migrated from the free iteach.org moodle server to a server on Hostgator.com

After this migration, I am getting this error, repeated dozens of times, every time I edit/update a calculated question:

Error: mdb->get_record() found more than one record!

* line 1309 of /lib/dml/moodle_database.php: call to debugging()
    * line 1269 of /lib/dml/moodle_database.php: call to moodle_database->get_record_sql()
    * line 1249 of /lib/dml/moodle_database.php: call to moodle_database->get_record_select()
    * line 1039 of /question/type/calculated/questiontype.php: call to moodle_database->get_record()
    * line 414 of /question/type/calculated/datasetitems_form.php: call to qtype_calculated->comment_on_datasetitems()
    * line 218 of /question/question.php: call to question_dataset_dependent_items_form->set_data()

The new system is Moodle 2.2.1 (Build: 20120109)

The old system was Moodle 2.0.3+ (Build: 20110623)

A few other comments:  The calculated questions seem to be fully functional, and the editing process seems to work.  But getting all these errors doesn't "feel" good.  Should I be worried?

Is there some way to make these errors go away?  Surgery on the moodle database?

I did have some problems with running out of memory during the restore process.  I had to restore my course in small "chunks".

Right now cron.php is not working.  Could this cause the trouble? (Seems unlikely to me.)

Thanks in advance,

Peter Halverson

Gjennomsnittlig vurdering: -
Som svar til Peter Halverson

Re: Updating Calculated question gives Error: mdb->get_record() found more than one record!

av Pierre Pichet -

Could you export some of those questions ( moodle xml ) and attach the resulting file here.

Pierre

Som svar til Pierre Pichet

Re: Updating Calculated question gives Error: mdb->get_record() found more than one record!

av Pierre Pichet -

the database call seems to be

if (!empty($questionid) && $unit = $DB->get_record('question_numerical_units',
                array('question' => $questionid, 'multiplier' => 1.0))) {

If you are using MySQL as database and you have defined 2 units with the same multiplier 1.0 you will get more than 1 record.

This is a bug as it could legitimate to have two different units with 1.0 as multiplier.

I will search in the tracker and set a bug if necessary.

Pierre

av Pierre Pichet -

Could you look at the table question_numerical_units to see if the records are unique to a given question id ?

Perhaps something went wrong in migrating ?

Pierre

av Pierre Pichet -

I can reproduce in moodle demo site when setting two units with multiplier = 1 .

Error: mdb->get_record() found more than one record!

• line 1309 of /lib/dml/moodle_database.php: call to debugging()
  • line 1269 of /lib/dml/moodle_database.php: call to moodle_database->get_record_sql()
  • line 1249 of /lib/dml/moodle_database.php: call to moodle_database->get_record_select()
  • line 1039 of /question/type/calculated/questiontype.php: call to moodle_database->get_record()
  • line 467 of /question/type/calculated/datasetitems_form.php: call to qtype_calculated->comment_on_datasetitems()
  • line 218 of /question/question.php: call to question_dataset_dependent_items_form->set_data()

So I will create a bug

av Peter Halverson -

Hi again,

I think you have nailed the problem.  When I change the units that used to be

N 1      Newton 1      Newtons 1

to be

N 1      Newton 1.001      Newtons 1.002

the problem goes away.

Whew!  I feel much relieved.   I presume, this is not a life-threatening bug, and that my investment in Moodle is not at risk.

Thanks!!!!

Peter Halverson

av Peter Halverson -

Hello/Bounjour Pierre,

Yes...  I am attaching an xml file which contains two questions that cause the problem.

I do use units, and yes, they do have repeating magnitudes.  For example

Newton 1    N 1  Newtons 1

Many thanks for researching this.

Peter Halverson