main menu block within course

Re: main menu block within course

by Pamela Giles -
Number of replies: 0
Oh, don't be sorry. It will be an extremly useful block to have if I can get it working.

I am very new to Moodle and may have done something weird while installing. (I tried to copy over all the files into the directories they were in in the zip file, and then I went to the admin page and it ran the routines saying both blocks had installed successfully.) The only weird thing I did after they initially were working was to move them over to the left. But they didn't repair themselves when I moved them back to the right where they'd gone by default either.

In both blocks, I can successful change the block title and save that change. And it actually saves.

In the Resource block, I can pick a Resource or Activity from the drop-down list and name it. However, when I hit "save," it actually saves in the main course topic, not in the Resource block.

The HTML block usually won't actually save the text at all, although my first attempt it saved in Topic 16 (I have 15 Topics and can't actually see this Topic 16 in the main view, but the text of the html block is listed in Topic 16 when I view the Resources page.)

Should I disable the blocks and try reinstalling them from scratch? Or do these behaviours give anyone a clue as to what is happening and how I can fix them?