Missing links in navbar block

Missing links in navbar block

by Tim Allen -
Number of replies: 2
Hi folks,

I've been experiencing a very strange problem with the custom navbar block contributed by Michael Penney.

The problem is simple but I have no idea what the problem is. It seems the link text that should be taken from the section summaries sometimes are empty. I have found no comsistency to this -- sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Please see the screenshot.

Anyone have ideas about solving this problem (would especially appreciate a reply from Michael Penney if you have time smile)?

Tim.
Attachment NavbarMisinglinks.jpg
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Tim Allen

Re: Missing links in navbar block

by Michael Penney -
Hi Tim, look in code view in the editor for any odd looking tags in the topic summaries that don't work (you have to look in code view as the tags that cause problems often don't show up in wysiwyg view).

Take the odd tags out and it should work. Let us know what they are and we can add them to the list of cleaned tags.
In reply to Michael Penney

Re: Missing links in navbar block

by Tim Allen -
Hi Michael,

Thanks a lot for your assistance, your advice was spot on! smile

I use both IE and Firefox, so I can't remember where the strange code came in, but here is what the problems were:

1. <span style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold">2: Getting into it</span>

Changing the span tag into a simple <strong></strong> solved it

2. <strong><font size="2"><font size="3">Week 3: More about learning</font><br /></font></strong>

How I got this strange code beats me, but anyway, merely removing the <br /> part of the code solved the problem.

It's a really useful block, so thanks a lot! approve

Tim.