Changing LDAP Data Mapping

Changing LDAP Data Mapping

by Luciana Oliveira -
Number of replies: 2

Hi,

I hope someone can help me. I have changed the labels of users profile in my Moodle 2.1.2 like this:

Name -> Name and Surname
Surname -> Student Nr.

I did this because we need the Student Nr to be listed in the Quizz grading report.
My users login using a LDAP enrolment system that pre-fills their profile with their Name and Surname. The problem is that I don't want students to be able to change their profile Name/Surname/Student Nr and I have locked these fields.

In order to maintain this I need my LDAP connection to pre-fill the fields correctly. I need the name and surname to appear in the same field. Can you tell me which attribute should I use to do this?

Also, what attibute should I use do "call" the Student Nr in the fiel I labeled as "Student Nr" (previously defauld labeled as Surname).

Thank you so much for your help. 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Luciana Oliveira

Re: Changing LDAP Data Mapping

by Hanaa Aboushahla -

I am also looking for a solution, could you let me know when you get any.

In reply to Hanaa Aboushahla

Re: Changing LDAP Data Mapping

by Luciana Oliveira -

Hi,

I ended up finding the solution smile

- In the field I labeled "Name & Surname" (previously defalt "Name") I used the attribute "cn" (that is a junction of the attributes "givenName" + "sn" - which correspond to user Name and Surname".

- In the field I labeled "Student Nr" (previously defalt "Surname") I used the attribute "uid", because our students login using their student number.

This worked perfectly smile

Kind regards