File Picker does not show legacy cource files

File Picker does not show legacy cource files

by ethan m -
Number of replies: 6

hi guys,

I have enabled Legacy cource files in Moodle 2.2 and I have also uploaded some files. I have tried to add a resource (file) but when I click  ADD to show the file picker, there is no file in  Legacy cource files.

it doesnt matter how much I refresh it, still it is the same.

Any Idea what problem might be?

Thanks

Average of ratings: -
In reply to ethan m

Re: File Picker does not show legacy cource files

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Have the files definitely been uploaded into the legacy file repository? You need to press the save button once you have added them.

In reply to Mary Cooch

Re: File Picker does not show legacy cource files

by ethan m -

thanks to reply Mary

of course I have saved it. otherwise I was not able to see the actual file even in legacy course files.

it is weird and i never face this before.

what else do you think might be the problem?

thanks

In reply to ethan m

Re: File Picker does not show legacy course files

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

So- the files you uploaded into legacy course files you can see them from the legacy course files link in the course admin settings, yes? So that's how you know they were correctly uploaded into the legacy course files?

But when you go to the filepicker and access the legacy course files from there, they are not longer visible?

Also- have you seen this issue in the tracker? http://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-30869

In reply to Mary Cooch

by ethan m -

that's exactly the way you mentioned.

I can see the files in legacy course files not in file picker.

legacy by default is disable which I have enable it in Common repository settings and course setting.

I have checked my Notifications and it asked to run cron.php.

"The cron.php maintenance script has not been run for at least 24 hours."

I have run it but still ask to run the cron. it just start happening by today.

it might be the reason!!!

but i am not able to run cron even when i do it manually "site.com/admin/cron.php"   inform me successful but the same thing in Notifications.

thanks

In reply to ethan m

by Lynn Harvey -

I also have this issue

Using File Picker, the only Legacy files I see are the Front Page ones

no matter which Course I am in.