[Theme] Melbourne 2

[Theme] Melbourne 2

by Danny Wahl -
Number of replies: 8

Well it only took me a year and a half, but I've finally begun the process of porting my 2nd ever Moodle theme to 2.0 (er, 2.2).  It's pretty much "done" except for overriding the whole yui-sam-skin stuff (dock and custommenu).

This theme is built off of "base" as a parent and Melbourne (the city) as inspiration.

Since this is a super fast port I'm willing to drop the analog clock from the header, which was kind of hacky and goofy anyways.

You can follow the development at my github and if I ever get it working well enough I'll submit it to the plugins repository.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Danny Wahl

Re: [Theme] Melbourne 2

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

This is looking good Daniel.  As for the Custom menu just copy the custom menu code from one of the Moodle 2.2 themes like Overlay theme as the colors will probably work OK with your theme. The way the CSS mark-up for the custommenu is coded now makes for a clearer css file, and cuts out lots of the yui-sam-skin stuff which is not used.

HTH

Mary

In reply to Danny Wahl

by Danny Wahl -

I've finished the custommenu and the dock and this has been submitted to the plugins repository and is now pending approval!

You can always get it at my github if you want the bleeding edge as I like to put stable things in the plugins repository.  You can also try it out at my Moodle dev site:  In the menu select Themes -> Moodle 2.X -> Melbourne 2.0+ -> Try it!

Looking forward to feedback!

In reply to Danny Wahl

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Daniel,

I have just taken a quick "Test Drive" and LOVE this theme...the look of it and the way you have the menu working with the rounded corners and bright colours...lovit.

I'll take a closer look later when I download the theme and install it on my localhost server.

BBL

Cheers

Mary

In reply to Mary Evans

by Luc McConnell -

Am I missing something? Brand new Moodle 2.2 installation, uploaded the Melbourne theme and got a message about it being an extension which was subsequently succesfully upgraded... but there is no Melbourne in my list of themes.

Almost certainly this has something to do with me being brand new to Moodle 2.x but it'd still be nice to know where I'm goig wrong.

Thanks

In reply to Luc McConnell

by Mary Evans -

Try clearing your Theme cache in the theme selector page

In reply to Luc McConnell

by Richard Oelmann -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Are you sure you're looking at the right list?

When you go to Site Admin> Appearance> Themes, the list you see there is a list of theme settings pages - Melbourne does not appear to have a setting spage and so will not be on that list.

You need to go from there to Theme Selector, then click Select Theme and choose your new theme from the list there.

HTH

Richard

In reply to Richard Oelmann

by Mary Evans -

Me thinks this is another theme {display: none} moment! wave

In reply to Richard Oelmann

by Luc McConnell -

This may well be on the right track, I've probably misinterpreted what I was looking at. I did clear the theme cache before posting, but that didn't appear to help. I'll have a look at this and see if I was indeed looking in the wrong place to select the theme.

Thanks.

Edit: the {display:none;} comment now has my attention! When I login to my site now, I just get a blank page - I have absolutely no idea why. Displays fine until logged in and then ... gone. Luckily, I've done almost nothing in this site yet and I can roll back to the point just afater installation but not knowing how I broke something so severely is a little concerning...