Allowing other users access to reports

Allowing other users access to reports

by John Baker -
Number of replies: 2

Hi

I am trying to configure reports created by this block for other user roles to be able to view them.

I have a new role (Co-ordinators) based on the none editing teacher role with extra permissions to view reports etc. I have also tried all the various permissions for the individual reports created in the block. However only system administrators see the block and reports.

Can someone point me to the correct options in the roles and block that I should be setting so that the Co-ordinators role can view the reports

Thanks in advance

John

Average of ratings: -
In reply to John Baker

Re: Allowing other users access to reports

by Juan Leyva -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Can you export one of your reports (using the export option) and upload here the XML file?

In reply to Juan Leyva

Re: Allowing other users access to reports

by Peter Bowen -

Juan,

I have been struggling with this as well. I have set up a Line Manager role in courses only, with permissions to read this, as well as a number of courses. The block does not show up on the front page.

However, if I change a single report to be visible by everyone, the block appears and the single report is visible.

If I change the role to be system wide, not just course, all reports are now visible.

I am running Moodle 2.3.1+ (20120712) and configurable reports v 2011040103.

This also seems to be the same as was reported on https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=198542

Any ideas?

Cheers
Peter