Forbid teachers to changing front page settings

Forbid teachers to changing front page settings

by Christian Meermann -
Number of replies: 5

Hi!

In my Moodle installation I have assigned the Teacher role site wide to all teachers of our school. When they log in, they have access to the Site administration/Front page settings, as shown in this picture:

The Settings block

I don't want teachers to have access to these settings. Unfortunately, I cannot find the settings/permissions/whatever to do this. Is there anybody who can help me out?

Thanks in advance,

Christian

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Christian Meermann

Re: Forbid teachers to changing front page settings

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Is there a particular reason why your teachers have to have the teacher role site wide and not just in courses? How about giving them the role in categories instead  -then they won't be able to edit the front page?

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Christian Meermann -

Being a Moodle novice, this was the only way I found to let the teachers (and not the students) request courses. 

In reply to Christian Meermann

by Kathleen Burns -

Hello:  I have this same problem.  We recently upgraded to v 2.0.3.

I have already assigned the teacher/course creator role within the CATEGORY.  But my teachers can still see the Site Admin block, with same choices Christian shows in his screenshot.  I cannot find the location to disable the site-wide teacher role, which was inherited from our previous 1.9.4+ installation.  OR... could this be coming from an OU in LDAP authentication?

Kathy

In reply to Kathleen Burns

by Miguel Ruiz -

Still having this same problem, Could anyone give me any solution? What did you finally do?