Amazon cloud migration

Amazon cloud migration

by nick pro -
Number of replies: 2

Hi everybody!
Several weeks ago my moodle moved to amazon cloud server, after what i found out a couple problems, like "can't create moodle.xml" while backuping or troubles with unzipping files to a temp dir. I guess, the problem is connected with permissions, but amazon tech support tried to make me sure it's impossible, via their great services and huge work experience.
Could somebody have the same problem or know the reason?
Thank you.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to nick pro

Re: Amazon cloud migration

by Colin Fraser -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Testers

A "cloud server" hahahaaaa!!! (That is my cynical laugh here...you know, something like Vincent Price at his best.)

Permissions... more specifically, server permissions are first. Techies will often tell you not so, but in my (admittedly limited) experience with external servers and that is all a "cloud server" is, permissions have always interfered with thing that need be done. Next space issues. Sometimes backup files take us over our allotted space, particularly on shared servers, so temp files are not created. Again, the server techies say no, no, it aint so Joe, but it happens. There have also been the rare occasions when there was another issue, but that has usually been pilot error. So if you are happy you are doing it all right, then check those things first.   

In reply to Colin Fraser

Re: Amazon cloud migration

by nick pro -

Funny you are ;) but still, thx.

Changing fopen "w" to fopen "a" helped already.