Query re wiki and groups

Query re wiki and groups

by Kate Bridgeman -
Number of replies: 0

Hi all, some help if you can?  

We use version 2.0.5 and appear to be experiencing some strange things going on in the wiki with groups.  After reading some of the posts here I can't find an exact replica of the problems we're experiencing but there's certainly some similarities although some date back to last year now. 

I have a tutor using the wiki with separate groups.  After thinking we'd lost content we noted that the tutor has to add himself to a group which then enables him to view each student groups wiki.  The alternative was for the tutor to create a new page which then enabled him to view each groups wiki contributions. We got through this...

As students are now getting familiar with the wiki and developing they have requested to view each others groups in the wiki.  Of course the wiki settings were changed to visible and then the tutor is unable to view any wiki content again even though he is allocated to a group!  So we change the setting back to separate groups but I am trying to clarify if this is how the wiki should work and whether if a student contributed to their group wiki whilst the setting was visible and then the setting was changed back to separate would that content still exist. 

I am still carrying some testing but would apprecaite any feedback! 

Thanks

Kate

Average of ratings: -