Serious problem with decaf theme

Serious problem with decaf theme

by Francis Vendrell -
Number of replies: 6

Hello,

I am using Moodle 2.1.2 and the last version of decaf them, i.e. leizhang-moodle-theme_decaf-c8ff09c

1. I loaded the folder into the theme folder of moodle 2.1.2.

2. Then Site administration -> Appearance -> Theme -> Theme selector

3. No themes at all are shown!

See appended pdf file.

Is this a bug?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Francis Vendrell

Re: Serious problem with decaf theme

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi,

It seems to be a BUG but noone has discovered why this is as all of us here who try load this theme cannot replicate the problem.

How are you uploading the theme to your server?

Are your server permissions correct?

Remove the theme and then turn Debugging ON

Then try adding the theme again and see what happens when you try to select it again. If you get some ERRORS please post them here.

Thanks

Mary

In reply to Francis Vendrell

by Paul Nicholls -

Hi Francis,

It looks like you've downloaded it from github, in which case you need to make sure you've renamed the folder so that, within your themes folder, you have a "decaf" folder (which contains a bunch of files and folders) - if the folder in your themes folder is called anything other than "decaf" (the zip from Github will call it "leizhang-moodle-theme_decaf-c8ff09c"), it won't work.

If you use the "extract to [zip name]" option that many unzip utils offer (as I often do), you might also have nested folders, as the zip contains a folder already - in this case, shifting the inner folder out into your "themes" folder and renaming to "decaf" (and removing the other folder if it's still there but empty) should do the trick.

Downloading from the new plugins database (http://moodle.org/plugins/view.php?plugin=theme_decaf) gets around the folder name issue, as the folder contained in that zip is already called "decaf" and therefore doesn't require renaming (though you can still end up with nested folders if you use "extract to [zip name]").

HTH,
Paul

In reply to Paul Nicholls

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

I forgot the folder name was wrong! sad

In reply to Mary Evans

by Paul Nicholls -

Wouldn't it be great if the theme selector either ignored "broken" themes or warned about them, rather than just not listing anything at all? wink

Edit: I can't actually seem to reproduce this on my test 2.1 site - though perhaps it's something to do with me already having Decaf installed.  I'm just starting on a fresh database to see if I can replicate this - if so, I'll report it on the tracker (and maybe even see if I can fix it).

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Well, the list of plugins shown as part of the install/upgrade process is going to start checking this sort of thing.

by Francis Vendrell -

Hello,

Thank you very much for your help.

I followed the advises of Paul and I was able to upgrade the decaf theme.

I had indeed downloaded the theme from the wrong site...

All the best smile