Submission Problems

Submission Problems

by Vernellia Randall -
Number of replies: 7

Is anyone having problems with students submitting the workshop, no record of the submission?  I have one student who claims to have submitted the answer in a timely manner. There is no evidence in the log that he attempted to "add" an answer.  The log does show that he sucessfuly did other activity on moodle the same day. Other students successfully submitted an answers the same day.  I think this is an isolated issue specific to this student, but I thought I would check just to make sure no oneelse is having similar issues and to make sure that this is not a program issue?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Vernellia Randall

Vast: Submission Problems

by Aulikki Hyrskykari -

Actually, we had exactly the same kind of a case the other day.

The student was very convinced, that she had submitted and even checked afterwards that the files went in. No records of her even using the workshop in question that day. Other workshops, yes, but not that one. 

We tended to believe it is her mistake, too: over 200 students in the course, and no other similar complaints... but could there really be some kind of a proram issue involved?

In reply to Aulikki Hyrskykari

Re: Vast: Submission Problems

by Colin Fraser -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Testers

No. This is an inevitable consequence of students getting caught out. We have had the same thing and in every case, the students involved have been responsible for failing to do what they should have done i.e. complete the task/assignment/workshop. Rarely it has been for valid reasons, sometimes due to genuine mistakes - like the wrong workshop because they got it wrong, usually because of their own inaction and they are avoiding responsibility. Not one of these claims has ever panned out, and I have never been able to get any of the last category to admit their culpability - even when it is so obvious they are being somewhat less than accurate in their recall. It has always been that stupid Moodle to blame. Check the logs to see if they were logged in at the time they claim - usually they are not.

In reply to Colin Fraser

by Vernellia Randall -

I believe that it is because the student did not log in or upload the file.  Just thought I'd checked.

In reply to Vernellia Randall

by David Mudrák -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Yeah, that is my usual experience, too. In some cases, students were actually using completely different Moodle site smile No, seriously, I am not aware of any reported bug that might have synopsis like this.
In reply to David Mudrák

by Bernabe Aguirre Carrasco -

problem  IMPLEMENTATION workshop moodle 2.0

In the configuration of the Factory the three first options can be published: 1. - The introduction to the factory Defines 2. - It provides instructions for the shipment 3. - To publish evaluation form The problem is in fourth: 4. - To prepare example shipments When entrance like student. It leaves: The factory is in IMPLEMENTATION stage… waits for the following phase…
In reply to Bernabe Aguirre Carrasco

by David Mudrák -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Sorry Bernabe, I am not able to decode you post at all (even when I replace "Factory" with "Workshop")
In reply to David Mudrák

by Colin Fraser -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Testers

Damnit.. Google translator strikes again.... I bet it makes sense in Spanish...