Trying to edit a quzi causes the moodle site to freeze

by J R -
Number of replies: 6

Hi,

I am not sure what is going on but when I try to edit the quiz my moodle site is freezing ( cant even logout I have to shut off the browser or the computer)

Please help.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to J R

by Dual Cube -

yes this is a strange problem!cna you provide me the url?then i can try my best.

In reply to Dual Cube

Re: Trying to edit a quzi causes the moodle site to freeze

by Rui Pimenta -

Hi!

I'am having the same problem, and it affects the questionnaire too, and it happens when i try put images.The problem starts when teatchers import questions from our old moodle 1.9, with linux,php,apache,mysql to our new moodle 2.1,with windons x64,php,mssql. I can't create quizzes, using images.

In reply to Rui Pimenta

by J R -

Hi there,

You may be right one of the teachers used few images in the quiz. What is the fix to this issue? We work with special needs students and we need a lot of visual effects in order to engage students.

Please help

In reply to J R

by Rui Pimenta -

Hi. In the moment we don't have any solution, we need help too on that issue. 

In reply to Rui Pimenta

by Andrew Schopp -

I have brought in about 6000 questions from examview with the examview to moodle module and now I am having the same problem as above with adding the questions to the quiz. I can see both tabs and "editing quiz" and "order and paging", but that is it. I have 21 blocks of Math 10 classes who are eagerly awaitng the opportunity to get back to their online practice!!!!

Any help would be so greatly appreicated! Please let me know what i can send you to help with this.

Just updated to 2.1 and brought the questions in fresh from examview. Also have used the glossary to quiz block to add in MC and SA questions.

In reply to Andrew Schopp

by Jean-Michel Védrine -

Hello, I am willing to help but I am sorry : all the messages in this tread are not precises enought to permit to diagnoze the problem : people says that they have problems "editing a quiz" then that they "can't add images" ??

I don't understand : you add images when you edit questions not when you edit a quiz.

Also it's unclear what "my site freeze" means : do you get a blank page or anything else ?

So if you want some help :

• Tell us precisely what you do and what happend
  • You need also to tell precisely the version of Moodle you are using and if you have any plugins installed (question types, question import/export formats, ...)

Also as it has been said numerous time on these forums, before asking for help, it is very important that you go to Site Administration > Development > Debugging and set Debugging messages to DEVELOPER Then you go on the pages you are having problem and try to replicate the problem to see if any error message is displayed and copy precisely these errors messages to post them on this forum.

If you do that be sure that I (and others) will try to solve your problem.