Using a question bank to only choose 5-10 questions per attempt

Using a question bank to only choose 5-10 questions per attempt

by Darcy Sengewald -
Number of replies: 4

I am wondering how to have your quiz just choose 10 questions from a question bank of 30 questions at random?

Thanks.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Darcy Sengewald

Re: Using a question bank to only choose 5-10 questions per attempt

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Darcy Sengewald -

Thanks!

I guess my next question is that, if I have created questions that are not created as 'random questions'; how can i just make 10 of those questions appear per quiz attempt? Or is that not possible?

Thanks again.

In reply to Darcy Sengewald

by Mark Hardwick -

Darcy,

I use several random questions within some of my quizzes without any trouble.  First of all, under the question bank I file all of my questions in the "system" rather than "quizzes", "course" or "category" so they are available to all courses.  Then, When building a quiz under “edit quiz” its no problem to choose a random question from a given category.  Just add “random question” but you would have to do it 10 times.  If you know you want it to pull 10 from 30 you would have to set up the 30 into a separate category in the “system” to pull from.  I have never had to specify that a question is random or not in the question bank. It’s just a question in inventory ready to use as needed.

Mark     

In reply to Mark Hardwick

by Darcy Sengewald -

Mark,

Thank you so much for your response! This is exactly what I was looking for and I appreciate your help.

Best, Darcy