All wikis empty after upgrade from 1.9 to 2.1

All wikis empty after upgrade from 1.9 to 2.1

by Gavin Stokes -
Number of replies: 4

All instances of a wiki in our 1.9.7 site upgrade to 2.1 OK, except that they are all empty after the upgrade. No content!

No errors were given about the wiki module, tables or contents during the upgrade.

I've also tried backing up the wikis from one of the 1.9 courses and restoring them to the 2.1 install. Same problem - no pages or content in the wiki.

The same 1.9 backup files restore to moodle 1.9 just fine.

Has anyone else encountered this?

Anyone have any ideas?

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Gavin Stokes

Re: All wikis empty after upgrade from 1.9 to 2.1

by Rex Lorenzo -

We have also run into this problem. Is there a workaround? Or is this a known issue?

I checked the Moodle Tracker (http://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-22414) and as part of the testing to have the ability to restore a 1.9 course in Moodle 2.1, the wiki was supposely tested and passed (http://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-27451).

In reply to Rex Lorenzo

by Gavin Stokes -

After a bit more testing, it looks like moodle 1.9 wikis that have type set as "group" upgrade OK to moodle 2.1.

Moodle 1.9 wikis that have type set to "teacher" come through the upgrade without any content.

Anyone know if it's possible to change a wiki's 'type' after it has been set up?

In reply to Gavin Stokes

by Gavin Stokes -

No. That wasn't it blush

I can say this:

I have a wiki that upgraded OK during the site upgrade from 1.9 to 2.1. It doesn't upgrade OK however, when using a 1.9 backup zip and restoring the zip to 2.1. The user content isn't imported. Looking at the moodle.xml file in the backup zip, it appears that the content is there, but the 2.1 import process doesn't import it.

So, during the site upgrade from 1.9 to 2.1, one of our wikis had the user content at the end of the process and all others didn't. The only obvious diference between them (looking at their settings) is that the one that worked is a 'group' wiki and the ones that lost their content were 'teacher' wikis.

But the 'type' setting doesn't appear to matter, as a backup zip of the group wiki doesn't restore to 2.1 anyway.

It's looking like a copy and paste of pages may be the quickest way forward smile

In reply to Gavin Stokes

by David Hempy -

We're seeing the same thing, backing up from 1.9.7 and restoring to 2.3.2+

Anyone find a solution?

Still digging,

-dave

Average of ratings: Useful (1)