page starts immediately in "edit" mode... would prefer if page was default in "view mode"

page starts immediately in "edit" mode... would prefer if page was default in "view mode"

by Billy Zwiener -
Number of replies: 2

Wiki page starts immediately in "edit" mode. Anytime any hyperlink is clicked off the main page and so on it starts the student in editing mode for where it takes them (existing pages that don't necessarily need edited). Is there a way so that it can be in "view" mode first so that the student casually reading the wiki can not deal with the confusion of editing until they desire? I want this to be a resource for reading materials THEN if needed editing. Thanks for any advice here.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Billy Zwiener

Re: page starts immediately in "edit" mode... would prefer if page was default in "view mode"

by Billy Zwiener -

Very strange cause of this is because I changed the font color to another color in the link. If I restore the font color to it's default it then allows the default view when clicked on to be "view" rather than edit which WOULD fix the issue if it didn't create another one. The default link color it uses is black making the links virtually unfindable amongst the other content unless you hover the mouse over all text. Any way to change the default color of links? I don't know if this would be in the main CSS for the theme or what but it seems like a huge ordeal to change if I have to edit the style of the entire site. Any ideas?

In reply to Billy Zwiener

Re: page starts immediately in "edit" mode... would prefer if page was default in "view mode"

by Billy Zwiener -

Well to help anyone else out there I changed the CSS of link color on the themes css sheet. I also reverted the font color back to default within the wiki as that was what caused the problem for some reason.