Moving Grades from one course to another

Moving Grades from one course to another

by Robert Stubbs -
Number of replies: 2

In Moodle 1.9, I have a site with 3,500 users. We created 10 Quizzes inside 1 Course. Now the client has asked that we create a Course for each topic. So, we have re-assigned 3,500 students to each Course, and moved each Quiz inside the corresponding Course, but the Gradebooks are empty. Moodle won't let me import via csv, xml or anything else. I really don't want to manually record 3,500 Grades 10x! Any help?!?

In reply to Robert Stubbs

Re: Moving Grades from one course to another

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

In the moved quizzes, is the student's attempt data still there in the quiz reports?

If so, try regrading the quiz. That may cause the results to be copied to the gradebook again.

In reply to Tim Hunt

Re: Moving Grades from one course to another

by Robert Stubbs -

Hi Tim,

I'm pretty sure I've gone about this incorrectly. 

There is no attempt data that pre-dates the creation of the new Course, or the Quiz within that new Course.

I can perform a 'backup and restore' of some grades, where a smaller student roster exists. In one Course, however, I have almost 3,000 students enrolled, and cannot get the site to 'backup and restore' without apparently timing out.

Thank you, in advance, for any advice you may have!

Robert Stubbs