multimedia filter

multimedia filter

by Andrew Golightly -
Number of replies: 6

Hi all,

Not able to get the player to display. Have read http://docs.moodle.org/20/en/Multimedia_plugins_filter

Multimedia filter is enabled.

When linking to an mp3 (by hyperlinking whitespace), I then get a link display saying "MP3 audio". When adding an mp3 as a file, it just says "Click xyz.mp3 link to view the file." Clicking either will play it, either by prompting me to download it, or playing it as a page in itself in my browser.

What I was hoping for was the small Flowplayer.

I'm using Moodle 2.0.4

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Andrew Golightly

Re: multimedia filter

by Doug Moody -

Try adding a resource, file type. Then, upload the file to the resource.

It should embed the flowplayer needed for either an mp3 or a n flv video.

Let me know if it works.

In reply to Doug Moody

by Franck PETIT -

I'm using multimedia filters in my production site for years. But it's no longer working since I upgraded to 2.1. When I insert media using the Moodle Media button in the editor, I get a text link and a player opening in another window, but can't get any embeded player anymore. I was hoping that upgrading regularly would solve the problem, but it doesn't. Am I the only one to face the problem?

Cheers, Franck

In reply to Franck PETIT

by Guido Gautsch -

Hi Franck,

Which media types are you embedding and have you tried using other browsers?

.wmv and .mp4 files don't seem to work well for example. I've changed all videos to .flv and audio to .mp3 and haven't had problems since. 

Also, you may need to have some broken links. Click on the link and see if it says 'brokenfile' 

you may have to fix it up. 

Hope this helps,

Guido

In reply to Guido Gautsch

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

I have this currently on a site and I remember someone having a similar problem a few months back -  I just can't recall if or how it was resolved. Certainly on mine I know I have all the settings correct within Moodle as the same multimedia display fine on a different Moodle. The only thing i can think of is some setting on the server side, but I have yet to work it out. Sorry -that's a very unhelpful answer but I am giving you sympathy! As Guido says, could you post the path that the link shows?