Cannot enable/disable email address in profile

Cannot enable/disable email address in profile

by Mosa W -
Number of replies: 1

Hi folks,

I am an experienced Moodle admin, but I am really struggling with a few of the permissions in Moodle 2.0.4 (we're waiting on server reqs to get to 2.1)! Can anyone help with this one?

I can't figure out why all users in any role (including the admin user) are unable to use the "Enable/disable email address" option that used to be included as a profile field. I have looked through forums and spent a couple of weeks looking around to no avail.

The specific permission seems to be:
- Course:useremail: Enable/disable email address

As a test, I set all roles to "Allow" for this permission, and yet the profile option is still not available. I double checked on the capabilities report, and confirmed all roles had this Allowed. This is taking place for ALL users on site, regardless of role.

Is this a permission issue? Did this setting move somewhere else, not in profiles? Is there another place where I might have accidentally disabled this? Please let me know if you have any ideas, they'd be really appreciated!

Thanks so much.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mosa W

Re: Cannot enable/disable email address in profile

by Ann Adamcik -

Enable/disable email address in the profile has been replaced by the new messaging options. If you go to a user's account and click on Settings->My profile settings->Messaging, you can check or uncheck the email boxes for specific types of messages and notifications.