MySQL Installation Problems

MySQL Installation Problems

by Keith Wilkinson -
Number of replies: 3

System:

Windows XP Pro, PHP4, MySQL

I currently have Claroline 1.5.2 working on my system and I am looking to replace it. When Claroline was installed MySQL was set without a username or password.

I have managed to attempt to install Moodle up to the database configuration with the following set:

Type: MySQL

Host server: localhost

Database: moodle

user:

password:

Tables prefix: mdl_

At which point it fails with the error:

We could not connect to the database you specified. Please check your database settings.

I have tried most things in MySQL Admin, but it does not allow me to change the password. Can anyone help?

Also I Have a caution with the GD version - but there is no such line to edit in the php.ini file. I corrected the small memory problem from 8M to 16M so can discount any file reading problems.

Although not new to the game, I am somewhat grizzled and would prefer a jargon free answer smile

Thanx

Keith

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Keith Wilkinson

Re: MySQL Installation Problems

by Keith Wilkinson -

Database problem solved. It always helps if a) You create a database and b) you log in as the correct user and c) you don't get paranoid 'cos loads of other programs are doing weird stuff with your machine.

Still have the libgd.dll problem though & sure to have many more as I explore the system.

In reply to Keith Wilkinson

by Marcus Schubert -
Hi,
it would be good if u could post your php.ini here. As long as i can remember you just have to remove the comment, but lets wait for your php.ini. With this file i think we can help u more - or at least I winken

Marcus
In reply to Marcus Schubert

by Keith Wilkinson -

Thanks again Marcus

I managed to solve the problems during installation. I do have one or two problems setting moodle up on different windows platforms - but will try to solve them before I post.

I will need help at certain points though and would really appreciate any advice that you can give

Cheers Keith