Hiding unused assignemnt grades

Hiding unused assignemnt grades

by Ken Russell -
Number of replies: 4

I just upgraded to v2.1, but this is a problem I was also having with 1.9. In my courses I have several assignments that are hidden from students, some of these are past assignments I no long use but might use again or may want to change. The students cannot see these assignments but they show up in the gradebook (the version I see, anyway). Is there a way to remove them from the gradebook, but keep them as hidden assignments in the course? Or do I need to delete them to get them out of the gradebook?

Thanks a bunch for your help!

In reply to Ken Russell

Re: Hiding unused assignemnt grades

by Paul Tosney -

Hi Ken,

when hiding an assignment there's 2 places to hide it, the course page and the gradebook.

in your course go to grades and then from the drop down list at the top middle choose 'Categories & Items: Simple View'. Now you will see a 'hide' icon against all the asignments...hide away. Teachers still see them, but students don't.

A more organised solution that I use is to create a category called 'not graded' and hide the category (with a weighting of zero - if you use category weightings). Then I place all ungraded or hidden assignments in there and I leave it minimised so all the ungraded items show as one item, even for teachers.

Paul

In reply to Paul Tosney

by Doug Moody -

Paul,

Although I tried this, it does not work. I will be posting soon a graphic to more easily see the issue.

In reply to Doug Moody

by Ken Russell -

Doug,

Thanks for letting me know. I was going to do this but I will hold off until I hear when when a solution is found.

Ken

In reply to Ken Russell

by Doug Moody -

Here is the promised graphic. I only want the RED assessments to show. The others are not relevant in this report and just clutter things up. Note I have turned off the "eye" on the ones I don't want to see.