BigBlueButton Activity Module for Moodle 2.0/2.1 now supports record and playback

Re: BigBlueButton Activity Module for Moodle 2.0/2.1 now supports record and playback

by Jesus Federico -
Number of replies: 7
Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Subodh,

I am not Fred, but I am the developer who maintains this plugin.

>However, we are not able to get where the recordings of BigBlueButton are located. 

Do you have your own BigBlueButton server or you are using test-install?

Either case it may take a while for the recording to be processed. They usually don't come up right after the meeting is ended. But in test-install the recordings will be stored only for 14 days.

>It will be extremely helpful, if you can tell us how to access the previous recordings.

What plugin version are you using?, did you install also RecordingsBN?

For BigtBlueButtonBN 1.1.0 you need RecordingsBN 1.1.0, in BigBlueButtonBN 2.0.0 you can have the recordings as part of the intermediate page shown when the activity links is used. If you want to show all the recordings for the course you need RecordingsBN 1.2.0

In reply to Jesus Federico

Re: BigBlueButton Activity Module for Moodle 2.0/2.1 now supports record and playback

by Olaf Scharpf -

Hi,

I've been successfully testing BigBlueButton in moodle on a AWS-Instance running Ubuntu14.04.Server. After updating to the newest moodle version 3.0+ (Build: 20151126) and updating the BBB-plugins I can join and terminate sessions, but when joining the Browsers prompts:

Notice: Undefined index: contextActivityName in /www/htdocs/xxxxx/xxxxx/moodle/mod/bigbluebuttonbn/bbb_view.php on line 79

Notice: Undefined index: contextActivityDescription in /www/htdocs/xxxxx/xxxxx/moodle/mod/bigbluebuttonbn/bbb_view.php on line 80

Notice: Undefined index: contextActivityTags in /www/htdocs/xxxxx/xxxxx/moodle/mod/bigbluebuttonbn/bbb_view.php on line 81

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /www/htdocs/xxxxx/xxxxx/moodle/mod/bigbluebuttonbn/bbb_view.php:79) in /www/htdocs/xxxxx/xxxxx/moodle/mod/bigbluebuttonbn/bbb_view.php on line 190

Problem related to file- or folder-permissions?

Thanks for any help...

In reply to Olaf Scharpf

by Olaf Scharpf -

"Updating my question":

If Lines 79 to 81 are commented out in bbb_view.php everything is working properly. What are contextActivityName, -Description and -Tags supposed to do?

In reply to Olaf Scharpf

by Jesus Federico -

Those are the default values that are used later on for tagging recordings. 

// Metadata (context)

$bbbsession['contextActivityName'] = $bbbsession['meetingname'];

$bbbsession['contextActivityDescription'] = "";

$bbbsession['contextActivityTags'] = "";

But I just found where the problem is. After the last update the initialization of these variables were incorrectly placed and ended being set after the initialization of the session variable that is used across views.

> is working properly

The second thing you did not mention was that the functionality was not affected at all, but you had warnings in the logs! smile

You can download an updated version from here

https://github.com/blindsidenetworks/moodle-mod_bigbluebuttonbn/archive/master.zip

It should be available in the Moodle plugin database by the end of the week.

Regards,

JF

In reply to Olaf Scharpf

by Jesus Federico -

Hi Olaf,

>Problem related to file- or folder-permissions?

Neither of them.

>updating the BBB-plugins I can join and terminate sessions

What version of the BigBlueButtonBN plugin you have. You did not mention it.

The latest version is 2.0.1 (2015080607). You can start with verifying versions.

JF

In reply to Jesus Federico

by Olaf Scharpf -

Hi Jesus,

thanks a lot!

Of course you were right with the log. I didn't suppose the plugin to work "properly" with code cut out, but lack of time...I was happy to have it running at all.

I had BigBlueButtonBN built 2015080607 until today. Now there was 2015080608 in the plugin database. This solved the mentioned problem, but now there is (probably the same) matter a few lines down with:

$bbbsession['presentation']['name'],
$bbbsession['presentation']['url']

"Fixed" it by starting the plugin with these lines in bbb_view.php commented out, as the last time (of course with reports in the log wink). And after this first start with the "corrupted" file, the plugin worked with the original file, too.

Regards

Olaf

In reply to Olaf Scharpf

by Jesus Federico -

Hi Olaf,

Yeah, I published it yesterday because I figured you would respond until today, perhaps due the time zone difference.

That bug was kind of critical because if the name was not included (which is what was happening despite ignoring the warnings) the recordings generated would have been coming with no name at all. So, there is it.

For the other problem I did not see those messages coming. But if you comment them or not that won't change the behavior. You are only going to shut off the warnings, but my guess is that the preupload of presentations won't work.

There is another report of preuploaded presentations not working. It may be an issue in Moodle 3.0. I'll take a look. Wait for an update soon.

Thanks for the reports.

JF

In reply to Olaf Scharpf

by Jesus Federico -

Hi Olaf,

Can you give it a try to this version?

https://github.com/blindsidenetworks/moodle-mod_bigbluebuttonbn/archive/develop.zip

It includes the fix for the issue you found and also 3 other reported by someone else here in the forums.

Let me know if you find anything else.

Regards,

JF