Big Blue Button Issues | Request for guidance

Big Blue Button Issues | Request for guidance

by Anusha Reddy -
Number of replies: 1

Hi,

I'm building a platform to provide free online training for CLAT (akin to LSAT in India) for students from marginalized and underprivileged communities (including students with disabilities). It will be for free of cost.

Our team wants to explore the option of having online classes on BBB (as our students are from all across India - we operate across 18 states!)

We ran a test run of BBB with three people. I'm hosting my BBB on a DO server (4GB Ram). All of us had decent internet connection (40Mbps). However, our connection kept dropping and voices kept breaking. 

I wanted to know if anyone could help me solve this problem or have any suggestions about what could be a good sub to BBB. 

We want to provide the best remote learning experience for our students (including those who may not have great internet connection). 

Thank you in advance!

Anusha

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Anusha Reddy

Re: Big Blue Button Issues | Request for guidance

by Stephen Dame -

Anusha,

Were you using the Bangalore data center?   you really need the 4core 8GB droplet at a minimum.

Its not as good as a bare metal implemention,  but you can definitely use this for small meetings with no issues at all.

you need less than <100kb to listen to the conference,  video and deskshare will be the items causing low bandwidth users issues.   The presentation/whiteboard should work flawlessly.

Also, make sure you installed havaged on your server, that can cause issues if not.

regards,

Stephen

hostbbb.com