install gradebook now or wait?

install gradebook now or wait?

by Andrew Miller -
Number of replies: 2
We currently have a semi-production Moodle.....being used by several tech-savvy teachers for actual classes but not in wide use (hopefully will be next semester).

I'm currently running Moodle 1.4.3+ and am looking at installing either the gradebook or the gradebook_cdc module.

Does anyone know if a gradebook module will be included in Moodle 1.5? If so, I may just wait a couple weeks for Moodle 1.5.

If a gradebook module isn't included in 1.5, am I better off installing a gradebook/gradebook_cdc or waiting until after I upgrade to 1.5?

Thanks in advance for any help!

P.S. I haven't fully gotten my head around upgrading/modules/etc. so may need some obvious answers. wink
In reply to Andrew Miller

Re: install gradebook now or wait?

by Michael Penney -
Hi Andrew, we haven't hear whether it will be in 1.5 or not. Jeff did just finish the backup and restore code, we should be posting some discussion of that tomorrow (backup involves alot of core file changes in the backupcode so it's going to be hard to update if it's not included in the core).
In reply to Michael Penney

Re: install gradebook now or wait?

by Andrew Miller -
Thanks.....I'll probably just hold tight then and see what happens (I'm presuming this forum is the best place to watch for whether 1.5 includes gradebook modules out of the box?).