Conditional activities: 2.0.2, Discrepancy between course completion report and completion status block details.

Conditional activities: 2.0.2, Discrepancy between course completion report and completion status block details.

by Daniel Wright -
Number of replies: 2

Hi Folks - wondering if anyone could tell me what might be causing the course completion report and the course completion status block to display different results for the same user?  

Here's the course completion report - note User A who did not achieve a passing grade on a quiz.

And if you log in as User A and click the "more details" link in the course completion status block, you see that this particular quiz is marked as complete.

Why the difference between the two?

Thanks!

Dan

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Daniel Wright

Re: Conditional activities: 2.0.2, Discrepancy between course completion report and completion status block details.

by Nicholas Bovee -

Have you tried manually running cron.php?

http://YOURMOODLE/admin/cron.php

I am also having various problems with this block... I'm not sure anyone is actively working on it...

In reply to Nicholas Bovee

Re: Conditional activities: 2.0.2, Discrepancy between course completion report and completion status block details.

by Daniel Wright -

Yes, the cron job has been run multiple times both automatically and manually but this discrepancy remains.  

I am not a programmer, but it seems to me that these two reports must be looking at two different places in the database to get their information.  For example, the Course-wide Completion Report may be looking at Activity Completion + Passing Grade criteria while the Course Completion Block only looks at Activity Completion.  

I'm just trying to get a handle on where exactly this discrepancy comes from so that I can figure out how to work around it or give a programmer enough information to fix it.