Internal Mail Release 1

Internal Mail Release 1

by Ludo (Marc Alier) -
Number of replies: 10
Hi,
here's the new version of the internalmail package.
I'm trying to upload it to the CVS but in combination with the flu it beats me,
so if anyone can upload it i'll thank you very much.
New featues: now intrenalmail is able to send a digest of the daily trafic to the "regular" internet mail, so the user can be warned of the email's received.
Still pending:
- english documentation... we need translators
- postgresql compilance ( comming soon )
- MDL 1.5 compilance ... patience  all in its good time ;)
So waiting for your sugestions  here is Internalmail 1.0.
Cheers
Ludo
ps. Oriol and Raimon thank you very much !!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ludo (Marc Alier)

Re: Internal Mail Release 1

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Hi, Ludo.

I don't think you have access to CVS ... email me your sourceforge account name and I'll set it up and get you going.
In reply to Martin Dougiamas

by Ludo (Marc Alier) -

Thank you Martin,

my username in sourceforge is "granludo" as here in moodle.org. Eloi de la Fuente granted me permission to write in the contrib/internalmail module and last year, and then I succeded in uploading some files.. but I definitvely need some training in the use of tortoise and the filosophy of CVS...  Do you know where can I find comprehensive documentation ( sourceforge help is a labrinth of obscure docs that dones not tell me what I need.. sad )

Thanks

Ludo (Marc)

by Teemu Sumi -
I made "Private Messages" tool long time ago and Internal Mail is far far better. Good work! Some minor problems:

1. In lib.php Missing "global $CFG" in some function definitions (icons not shown)
2. Undefined variables. Put all error messages on in php.ini and you will see the error messages.
3. Use four spaces where you have used tab.
4. Add space where you have written "){" and "}else{ "

One feature request:
You would select receivers from drop down menu and you would select full names not user names. The selected names would appear comma separated to the field "To". I mean that you select one name and then another (as many as you like).

Cheers
Teemu
In reply to Teemu Sumi

by James F -

Where how can I download the latest files (for internal mail) with the fixes as described by Teemu above.  Got to the CVS but can't figure how to download.

Thanks in advance ... James

by Fawn Hentrel -

Hi Ludo! Do you have an idea when the English version will be released? Thanks!

In reply to Fawn Hentrel

by Ludo (Marc Alier) -

Hi Fawn,

all the versions of Internalmail have supported english since the very beginning!confuso

Regards

Marc

by Robb Lightfoot -
I was wondering how I bring this module in. I can see how I upload the zip file into my course, but what then?
In reply to Robb Lightfoot

by Ludo (Marc Alier) -
We are remaking the instalaltion instructions I'm sorry I dont have them yet.
but quick and dirty:
You need to copy the files into the moodle directory.
Then you need to create an internalmail activity in the main ocurse. and then you may use internalmail activities inside any course.