google docs plugin returns subset of files

google docs plugin returns subset of files

by Lawrence Furnival -
Number of replies: 0

Problem - gDocs repository plugin returns last 63 document sorted by "Last modified." Older files are not shown.

What I see in our gDocs file picker (it is slightly modified for SSO and GApps for Edu):

Last 63 document sorted by "Last modified"  - including files shared with me (but not including any media files or other binary uploads.)

If I access a older file in google and change one character it jumps to the top of the list in the plugin, and bumps the last one out of the plugin (so the plugin is returning a fixed number of files, - looks like "the last modified 63 files" - not files limited by date i.e. 'before July 5th".)

Search works over files that are older however. If you know a keyword inside the document you are looking for, you can get it. Of course that means if you are looking for a file that you did not edit, and do not know the content, and it is old, you can't reach it from the file picker.

It would be nice if there was a "more" button at the bottom of the file picker ... The real problem is how to explain this to faculty.

How are other people working around this problem?

Using moodle 2.1.1

Average of ratings: -