Cannot add questions

Cannot add questions

by Alick Brown -
Number of replies: 3
I'm having problems with a quiz in one course on my Moodle 2.1.1 site - when I try to add questions to it, the screen moves on to the adding questions page but does not show any questions. It just hangs and everything freezes.
The link that freezes is:
 http://[mysite]/mod/quiz/edit.php?cmid=1559

I've switched on full debugging but nothing is displayed.

I've tried setting up Quizzes in other courses on the site with the same Question Bank with no problems.
I've seen similar but not identical issues posted on this forum. Any ideas where I should start?

Many thanks
Alick

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Alick Brown

Re: Cannot add questions

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Sorry, it is not possible to say more without some for of debug output.

The fact it work in other courses shows that the code is not fundamentally broken. But there must be something about that particular quiz that is causing the problem, and you need to start isolating what that something might be.

In reply to Tim Hunt

by Alick Brown -

Thanks, Tim

I can't see any debug info as the page freezes - I assume. I don't handle the technical side: If the debug info was sent to the log rather than the page, where should the tech staff look for it - is it obvious?

I've tried with a completely new quiz in this course with same result. I'm not sure why the Quiz module works fine in any other course but not at all in this...

Thanks

Alick

In reply to Alick Brown

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Where the PHP log file goes depends on how your system is set up, I am afraid. Anyway, sounds like you need to talk to your tech support.