Archiving a forum

Archiving a forum

by Евгений Мамаев -
Number of replies: 2
Picture of Plugin developers

Hi.

I am facing the following task: I need to make an archive of a forum and clean (delete) all users posts in all discussions but the first post in all duscussions (which belongs to a teacher) must be in place.

Is there a way to accomplish this task somehow not messing with the database directly? Thanks for your answers!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Евгений Мамаев

Re: Archiving a forum

by Glenys Hanson -

Hi Eugene,

I don't know how to do this on the standard forum, but in ForumNG, a contributued module in Moodle 1.9 (I understand it will soon be available for Moodle 2), you can export a forum to Word as an archive. And that's just one of its many advantages - I've listed some of them in this discussion: ForumNG: advantages and disadvantages

You can download it from Google docs: forumng.2.34.zip.

Cheers,

Glenys

In reply to Glenys Hanson

Re: Archiving a forum

by Евгений Мамаев -
Picture of Plugin developers

Thank you for suggestion, Glenys! I will try ForumNG module to make new forums. But I am still looking for a solution to delete all student posts (i. e. store posts in another location - may be a hidden forum - I don`t want to delete them as they may be needed in the future) so that the forum could be ready for new students.

Also I think It is possible to create a new forum, copy and paste teacher`s post in that new forum and then make the old one hidden. As you can see, I think I have just found an answersmile

Average of ratings: Useful (1)