How do I change the 'enrolment key' message

How do I change the 'enrolment key' message

by Michele Mason -
Number of replies: 1

I've searched the forums and found information on how to do this and it is the same as what I had already tried, however after I save the moodle.php file then go back and check the message, it has changed part of the text but not all and $a is still there even though I have deleted it when trying to change the text. This is the text I'm trying to change in the moodle.php file, "This course requires an 'enrolment key' - a one-time
password that you should have received from $a"

Can someone please tell me how I can make it save the changes I'm trying to make and what does the $a stand for as it appears to be grabbing a persons name with an email address linked to it but I don't know why it is grabbing that particular person's email as they are not an Administrator or a Key Holder.

Thanks in advance

Michele

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Michele Mason

Re: How do I change the 'enrolment key' message

by Michele Mason -

The bizzarre thing is I can change this text in moodle.php in another site I'm an admin to but not some others and I have the same level of access in all sites (Site Administrator). Is there something somewhere I need to "allow" in order to be able to edit the file?