2.1 and feedback

2.1 and feedback

by andrea giorgini -
Number of replies: 10

hi all,

I did enabled the feedback module, but I can only add it to the frontpage: the dropdown "add anc activity" is shown only there. Is this normal? I don't want to add all the students of a course *AGAIN* to the feedback module, as they're already enrolled to the course. Is this correct?

Thanks a lot

Average of ratings: -
In reply to andrea giorgini

Re: 2.1 and feedback

by andrea giorgini -

nobody on this? Please guys documentation is VERY poor in this case, and the module is not very user friendly.

Thanks

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Try going to site admin>plugins>blocks and enabling the feedback block as well as the activity module and then see if you can add feedback in a course - shouldn't make any difference but worth a try

In reply to Mary Cooch

by andrea giorgini -

Hey Mary,

thank you for answering. It didnt make any difference in fact. What I cannot understand is: isnt normal that u add a category, a course inside, and then u want feedback from students? Why should I enrol students in feedback as they're already enrolled in the course?

Thanks again

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

You shouldn't need to enrol them into feedback - if the feedback module is enabled in site administration then you should be able to add it as an activity in any course you have made as well as on the front page itself - it is odd that your set up is not allowing you to do thismixed Have you tried making a new blank course and turning on the editing and then via add an activity seeing if feedback appears there? It took a minute or two for it to appear in my 2.1 once I had enabled it in site admin>plugins.

In reply to Mary Cooch

by andrea giorgini -

my problem is that the dropdown with activities is shown only on frontpage, not inside the courses... how can this be?

by Mary Cooch -

Do you mean the drop down with ALL activities or just the feedback option in the "add an activity" drop down? Presumably you have the editing turned on in the courses? Can you post a screenshot?

In reply to Mary Cooch

by andrea giorgini -

What a didn't say is my couses are in scorm format. And yes, the dropdown with all activities is not there, only on the front page. But I did try with a brand new installation, and also there if I create a new course, with editing on, the dropdown is not there. Maybe this is normal in case of scorm?

thanks

by Mary Cooch -

Ah -well -if your course is SCORM format you won't see the dropdown because Moodle will be expecting you to have nothing but a professonal SCORM pack in that course so that you click on the course name and it opens up the SCORM pack. There isn't the possibility of adding any other resources. Change your course format to topics format and you will  be able to add SCORM activities AND other activities such as the feedback as well - so you get the best of both worlds!

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Mary Cooch

by andrea giorgini -

Maryyyyyyyyy smilesmile

thank you very much, finally got the point. Now the question is: how should I set my course, topics or scorm? What's the difference?

really appreciate your help.

by Mary Cooch -

Set your course up as topics - if you have SCORM packs you want to upload and use in Moodle then you can do that within the topic format anyway, and it still gives you all the other options such as feedback.