Journal build 2011072100 permissions error

Journal build 2011072100 permissions error

by Michael O'Brien -
Number of replies: 3

Hi all,

I've done a fresh install of journal build 2011072100 but when a student tries to create their journal activity they get an Access denied error. Whats the best way to correct this?

The permissions for a student in a course include Activity: Journal Add journal entriesmod/journal:addentries No Manage journal entriesmod/journal:manageentries No Is it the default with this build that all users are prohibited from creating journals? The root/superuser is able to create a journal entry but that seems to be all

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Michael O'Brien

Re: Journal build 2011072100 permissions error

by David Monllaó -

Hi Michael,

I haven't experienced problems like that, I've just tried to replicate the problem with different scenarios and the default permissions (student with mod/journal:addentries capability) and all seems to be ok. I've also review the edit entry code and, aside from the require login, the only other checking is mod/journal:addentries. Michael, can you give me more details please

In reply to David Monllaó

by Michael O'Brien -

As with alot of things it seems to have recovered after a nights sleep, the student is able to start and edit their journal entry, the journal activity permissions are as follows. Could it be that it takes a few hours for permissions for new activities to register correctly with users?

I had just installed journal when the student account tried it

Activity: Journal
Add journal entriesmod/journal:addentries   StudentPrevent, Non-editing teacherPrevent, TutorPrevent, ManagerPrevent
Allow
Prohibit
Manage journal entriesmod/journal:manageentries   Non-editing teacherPrevent, TutorPrevent, ManagerPrevent
Allow
Prohibit
In reply to Michael O'Brien

by David Monllaó -

Hi Michael,

AFAIK the permissions are set on the installation process

Glad it works now smile