Navigation pane in quiz attempt

Navigation pane in quiz attempt

eftir Moodler Project -
Number of replies: 13

How to remove navigation pane and other buttons from quiz attempt page?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Moodler Project

Re: Navigation pane in quiz attempt

eftir Tim Hunt -
Mynd av Core developers Mynd av Documentation writers Mynd av Particularly helpful Moodlers Mynd av Peer reviewers Mynd av Plugin developers

Not sure why you would want to do that.

Anyway, if you have a custom theme, you could do it by adding some display: none; rules to the CSS.

In reply to Tim Hunt

eftir philip torres -

Good day!

Same thing with here, can i hide the navigation panel because I use the option to display one question per page, but the problem is the student can still return to the question since they have the navigation panel. In my class im training my students to take exam without going back to the previous questions, in the old version i manage to hide the navigation by editing the attempt.php. Now in the new version I can do it anymore, Any idea where and how to hide it.

Thanks!

In reply to philip torres

eftir Nikita M -

if you are using moodle 2.1 you can also hide Quiz navigation for all theme

in moodle/mod/quiz/attemptlib.php

and change:

$bc = new block_contents();

with:

$bc = new block_contents(array('style'=>'display:none'));

In reply to Nikita M

eftir Tim Hunt -
Mynd av Core developers Mynd av Documentation writers Mynd av Particularly helpful Moodlers Mynd av Peer reviewers Mynd av Plugin developers

That is a really terrible way to do it. Why not do it in your theme?

In reply to Tim Hunt

eftir Jean-Michel Védrine -

I quite agree with Tim.

Can you explain why you don't want a student to change his mind about one of his responses ?

Beside that, are you really sure that, even without the navigation panel, your students can't change their previous responses ? big grin

In reply to Jean-Michel Védrine

eftir Nikita M -

I think "quiz navigation" is very useful, but if one person don't want it (even if I do not understand why), there are various easy way to remove it.
(one person can also remove link to another question)

In reply to Nikita M

eftir Jean-Michel Védrine -

Hello Nikita,

I quite agree this is one of the great strenght of free software : anyone is free to taylor it to his needs (I don't think this would be possible with B........d), I was just curious (sorry it's in my nature) to know the motives ...

Additionnaly I wanted to point out (just in case Moodler project and Philip were not aware of that) that navigation panel (or links) are not the only means to navigate between questions and that maybe removing such things will create unequality between "ingenious" students and others (should I really explain why ?) if they are not using other  means of "securing" the exam session.

In reply to Tim Hunt

eftir Nikita M -

Hi Tim, what do you think about to modify "quiz navigation" display in moodle/mod/quiz/style.css and add:

.path-mod-quiz #mod_quiz_navblock { ...(insert changes)... }

?

In reply to Nikita M

eftir Tim Hunt -

Well, better, but still wrong.

You should go into theme/{whatever}/style/quiz.css, and add

.path-mod-quiz #mod_quiz_navblock { ...(insert changes)... }

there. If the quiz.css file does not exist, create it, and add to the $THEME->sheets array in the theme's config.php file.

In reply to Tim Hunt

eftir Nikita M -

thanks Tim for your clear explanation. smile

In reply to Tim Hunt

eftir Nikita M -

excuse me, but is it wrong to add it in  theme/{whatever}/style/core.css?

In reply to Nikita M

eftir Tim Hunt -

Not necessarily wrong. Within any theme, it is good to have some sort of logical organisation for the various style rules, just so you can easily find all the rules in your theme that affect the quiz (for example). However, it does not matter exactly how your organise things, and if you don't organise things, the only person who will suffer is yourself, in the future.