The web address does not appear to be valid - this Moodle installation doesn't appear to be there.

The web address does not appear to be valid - this Moodle installation doesn't appear to be there.

by Bentley Samrow -
Number of replies: 3

I can not seem to get to work right at all. I can get it to run on the local network but as soon as you try to connect from the outside world it does not display that page. What do i need to but in this boxes.

web address  http://training.stjames.k12.la.us

moodle directory c:\program files\easyphp1-7\www

data directory c:\program files\easyphp1-7\www\moodledata

and i keep getting The web address does not appear to be valid - this Moodle installation doesn't appear to be there.

but i hit this install.php buy using the address http://training.stjames.k12.la.us

any help thanks

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Bentley Samrow

Re: The web address does not appear to be valid - this Moodle installation doesn't appear to be there.

by Bernard B -

Hi

Perhaps you have to change something in your config.php

exchange localhost for the ip adres you get from your provider

In reply to Bentley Samrow

Re: The web address does not appear to be valid - this Moodle installation doesn't appear to be there.

by Paul Swainson -

Hi, a few people on different systems have had this issue including me. As of yet there is no real solution I ended up actually installing moodle on the web server and used the domain name localhost and managed to get it running although my Varibles page still takes around 2 1/2 minuties to appear

try runnning the install on the web server with your browser and use localhost. After the install go in to the config.php and change the localhost to your top level domain name.

What web server are you running, IIS or Apache for windows?

I have a second setup on a linux box that runs fine, the only difference between the one that works and my production web server is the version of php and apache.

I have since found out that apache2 has issues with php and threads, if this is a possible cause I don't know, no one else seems to either.

Hope this helps

Regards

Paul 

In reply to Paul Swainson

by Bentley Samrow -
i have got it to work fine. By just changing the config.php