upload file

upload file

by J R -
Number of replies: 9

Hi,

One of the teachers is having proble with uploading pdf file (177kb and the limit is 8mb). After choosing the resource from desktop he is getting an error window with "File not specified."  This has happened on more than one computer and he hasnt had these problems before. Also, I have logged in as both administrator in one class and teacher in his class and I was able to upload the file in few seconds.

What couls cause the error.

Thank you for your help.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to J R

Re: upload file

by Swisstac Bravin -

path of the file may be  the problem .,

Or if the file removed from the place were it was actually placed

In reply to Swisstac Bravin

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Is he changing the name of the file as he uploads it? What version of Moodle are you using?

In reply to Mary Cooch

by J R -

I use 2.0 version. I think it may be something with the user or the computer. I have deleted the teacher and added again but he is still getting the same issue.

In reply to J R

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Can you say exactly what version of 2.0 you are using? ( site admin>notifications) I ask merely because in earlier versions it wouldn't understnad if you renamed a file without giving the file extension  -so if your colleague did that, then it wouldn't work. But maybe you have a different problem?

In reply to Mary Cooch

by J R -

Hi,

We are using 2.0.3 version.

In reply to J R

by Swisstac Bravin -

hi Jonna Rebisz.,

If you have edit the pluginfile.php file this problem would arise..,

make sure that it remains the same as a installed one..,

In reply to Swisstac Bravin

by J R -

Hello,

Is this related to the errror I get when I try to login "

404 - File or directory not found.

The resource you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

I get this everytime when I try to login. I have to delete the pluginfile.php from the web address and then everything works fine.

In reply to J R

by Laura H -

Is he using Internet Explorer 9? try using another browser, or use the compatibility mode. Chech out this discussion for more info: http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=176099

In reply to Laura H

by J R -

I tried on IE, Firefox and Safari and everytime I try to login I get the same issue.