I have cleaned up the Chat module a bit and fixed some problems. It is now in CVS HEAD but should also work in latest 1.4.3+ You can try it tomorrow.
The changes are not visible, but the chat should be more scalable with less bugs.
DO NOT INSTALL ON PRODUCTION SITES!
Changes in standard:
- fixed encoding problems
- general speedup - removed some database calls, added two cacheing fields to chat_user table (lang and course)
- page reload (F5) works!! - user can rejoin chat without new entering - recycling of chat_sid
- after joining you see some message history (needed for F5, but IMO good when entering too)
- lots of other small fixes
Changes in chat daemon:
- maybe fixed repetitive sending, empty pages, etc. - at least I hope so, the problem was that the server did not read comple http request but only first 512 bytes
- other small changes outside chatd.php
I am not finished yet, there is still some cleanup work left in lib.php and lots of work in chat daemon.
PS: I did forget to mention that it is compatible with register_globals off
PS2: the chat daemon works in Windows too...