Future content production within Moodle: book, lesson and more

Future content production within Moodle: book, lesson and more

by Ralf Hilgenstock -
Number of replies: 1
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Translators

I've started a discussion about future of content production in lesson module forum.

Petr's book module is a simple but great tool. I know that Petr has a lot of idea for further development but no time to realize it.  Lesson module is not really maintained, some features are not working as expected (ppt import) and connection to questions are not implemented (this was an old plan when quiz questions were seperated from quiz module).

Lets try to discuss the requirements and to initiate new development and funding for such a project.

Ralf

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Ralf Hilgenstock

Re: Future content production within Moodle: book, lesson and more

by Matt Fedorko -

Ralf,

Just learned about the Book module with its inclusion into core with Moodle 2.3. Have a lot of content in Lessons right now, so am looking into pros/cons of the others, as their functionality has some overlap. Lesson activity is very frustrating to use, in my opinion, but I like the ability to stop and ask questions and deliver feedback, which seems to be something not available in Books.

Am now embarking on a reading-fest on the forums and elsewhere to find out if anyone has anything to say on the matter. Did you get anywhere on this?

Thanks!