Moodle 2.1 Quiz bug? Grade Display

Moodle 2.1 Quiz bug? Grade Display

by William Stites -
Number of replies: 6

I have two teachers (one with manager role too) who have created quiz in Moodle 2.1.  After attempting to take the quiz one of the teacher (& manager) sees the grades for the attempt(s) the other does not.  As a student taking the quiz they do not see the grade either.

I have checked the setting in the review options and everything would appear correct. What else should I be looking at that might cause this issue?

Attachment Mdl_2_1_Review options.png
Average of ratings: -
In reply to William Stites

Re: Moodle 2.1 Quiz bug? Grade Display

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

I don't understand the problem you are trying to describe.

In reply to Tim Hunt

by William Stites -

[From the teacher reporting the issue]

The issue is this:

I was working with a teacher on setting up a quiz (Moodle 2.1). He set up a 9 question short answer quiz.  The settings were as follows:

• deferred feedback with CBM
  • unlimited attemps
  • highest grade

I switched my role to a student and took this teacher's quiz.  I was asked to review my results (as the student) but no grade calculated.  This was all the teacher viewed when looking at the results:

No grade column is visible and no grade was calculated.

To help troubleshoot this, I went into one of my own Moodle courses and created a quiz (again Moodle 2.1).  I used the same settings as my colleague (the only difference is that I also have manager status on our site).  Within my course I was able to see the grade column and a grade was calculating.
We can't seem to figure out why one teacher can't see the grade column when viewing the results and also that no grade is being calculated for the quiz in this other teacher's course.  I am also not sure why the grade was calulating as it did but that is another question for another time.

In reply to William Stites

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

The quiz which is not showing grades. On the Edit quiz page, what is Maximum grade: set to? If it is 0, that is your answer.

Average of ratings: Useful (3)