Re-naming "echo-Assignment" to "Assignment"

Re-naming "echo-Assignment" to "Assignment"

by George Kao -
Number of replies: 3
Once I convert all our Assignments to echo-Assignments (and I'm going to do it manually since I don't think there's an easy way to do batch conversion yet?), how do I rename echo-Assignment to Assignment?  In other words, everytime "echo-Assignment" appears on our moodle I'd like it to say "Assignment".  
Average of ratings: -
In reply to George Kao

Re: Re-naming "echo-Assignment" to "Assignment"

by Michael Penney -
Probably search for that string in the echo-assignment code (I don't think it has a full lang file.

But I'm confused? When we installed it here, it replaced our standard assignment mod and the old assignments came in to it as 'echo-able' assignments, and it shows up as assignment in the "add" menu.

Isn't that how it worked on your test site?

In reply to Michael Penney

by W Page -
Hello All!

I think that initially the "Echo-Assignment" module was called Assignment and copied over and therefore replaced the standard Assignment module files.  However, in later releases the name was changed to Echo-Assignment to allow an option for Moodlers to use the standard Assignment module or the Echo-Assignment module. 

I do not think a decision has been made to have the Echo-Assignment officially replace the standard Assignment module as of yet.

By standard I mean the Assignment module which comes with Moodle.

WP1

In reply to W Page

by Daniel Mikšík -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Translators
Hi all,
I can see the module is living a life on its own, great!
Some time ago I started posting new - continuously debugged versions (last one yeasterday - thanks, Darren!) - at my webpage. The module posted there is
  • called echo-Assignment - see strings 'modulename' and 'modulenameplural' in the English language file, and
  • it uses different database tables ({prefix}_newassignment) than the standard Assignment module.
Therefore it should never happen (if you placed the module files in mod/newassignment) that echo-Assignment replaces your standard Assignment module installed with Moodle.