Not receiving email notification of forum posts - 2.0.3

Not receiving email notification of forum posts - 2.0.3

by Sue Holtz -
Number of replies: 2

In the last ten days we have been getting reports that users, including the instructors, are not receiving email noification of forum posts. Every so often one will slip through. We have checked that they are enrolled in the forums. Nothing in the system has changed.

Any ideas?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Sue Holtz

Re: Not receiving email notification of forum posts - 2.0.3

by Sue Holtz -

I set up a discussion on Thursday, subscribed all members to it, they responded, and I am not seeing any of their comments in my email. I have a fake student account set up with my personal email. He is a student in a different instructor's course. I get messages from the instructor, but I am not seeing all of the posts to forums to which he is subscribed.....and yes, I checked my junk mail - nothing there either. Frustrating.

In reply to Sue Holtz

Re: Not receiving email notification of forum posts - 2.0.3

by Jason Hollowell -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

Same problem here. I have created groups within a course and use them in a forum for private discussion with students. I've subscribed myself to the forum but I am not getting e-mails when the students post to the forum. Strangely however, when I post something, I get an e-mail...? I'm enrolled in the course as a 'teacher' and students as 'students'. Other than that difference, I can't think of any other reason why my post would initiate and e-mail but their's not...? Is there possibly a bug or is this just the result of an incorrect setting?

Jason