Situation: I want faculty members to see the People block on the home page and be able to click a participant's name to see his/her profile. I do not want students or parents to see user profiles.
I did the following in MOODLE 1.9 to accomplish that.
- I assigned faculty members the role of non-editing teachers on the front page and students the front page role of students.
- For the non-editing teacher role I set moodle/site:viewparticipants to allow and set moodle/user:viewdetails to allow.
- I clicked the mask icon on the front page people block and set block view to allow for non-editing teachers and prevent for students
I can't seem to get the same thing to work in MOODLE 2.0.
- I assigned faculty members the front page role of non-editing teachers and students the front page role of students.
- I set moodle/site:viewparticipants and moofle/user:viewdetails to allow for the non-editing teacher role.
Teachers can view the People block and participant list but when they click on a user name they get the message "The details of this user are not available to you"
Furthermore, when I try to prevent students from seeing the People block as I did in 1.9, I cannot. When I click the mask icon in the People block, I get the message "you are not able to assign any roles here".
I have spent hours trying to replicate what was possible in 1.9 in 2.0, namely that faculty can view the People block and profiles of all users from the front page but students cannot. Any help would be most appreciated.