Jquiz settings question - please help!

Re: Jquiz settings question - please help!

by Gordon Bateson -
Number of replies: 0
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Katie,
thank you for the extra information.

Since we are talking about "state government regulations" here, at the risk of repeating myself, I must warn you that Hot Potatoes quizzes are not suitable for tests, because the answers to all the questions are right there in the source code for the page that is sent to the browser. To the untrained eye, it may not be "obvious" where the answers are, but they are there if you know where to look and how to decode them.

For this reason, much as I love QuizPort, I must advise that I do not think it is the right tool for the job for the testing part of your course. I recommend you do the "test" with the Moodle's Quiz module.

I heartily recommend QuizPort for the learning activities in which you introduce the 20 pages of material and check comprehension as you go along. This is just what Hot Potatoes quizzes were made for. When combined with QuizPort they allow students to progress through the learning phase at a suitable pace. They can skip through stuff but they must pass the quizzes to move on. People who already know their stuff can skip on through the materials while people who haven't mastered it yet can be guided through a remedial track.

regards
Gordon