How to remove the 'Confirm Password Change' popup window

How to remove the 'Confirm Password Change' popup window

by ICCP Training -
Number of replies: 3

I've set up a Moodle-based Website (using Moodle 1.9). I've created some test student accounts - when logged in as a student I tried the 'Change Password' feature of the student Profile. A 'Change Password' dialog box appears first that asks for the current password and then the new password (which has to entered twice). When the 'Save Changes' button is clicked another 'Confirm Password Change' window opens (see attached screenshot) that has the text 'Please confirm which user you are changing the password for' and a list of the other student usernames. The problem is that if another username is clicked then their password is changed, not the password of the student who trying to change their own password. When a username is clicked then the text 'Password has been changed' appears. Is it possible to prohibit this 'Confirm Password Change' window from opening - I don't want users seeing the list of other usrenames, nor give them the ability of clicking on other usernames and changing the passwords of other users. I just want a simple Change Password facility where they fill in their current password, then input their new password, click a Save button and then confirmation text appearing stating that the change of password has been completed successfully.

Attachment Confirm Password Change.PNG
Average of ratings: -
In reply to ICCP Training

Re: How to remove the 'Confirm Password Change' popup window

by ICCP Training -
I've found the answer to the problem I posted a few days ago - The 'Confirm Password Change' popup window in being generated by the FireFox Web browser I use, and not by Moodle. It seems that if you create a few accounts in the same Website (in this case I created a few test student accounts with usernames and passwords), then when you change the password of one of these accounts FireFox generates this popup window. It was very confusing as I assumed it was a Moodle feature as I was logged in to a Moodle account. To prohibit this FireFox popup window from appearing go to the Tools -> Options -> Security and click on Saved Passwords in the Password section. Here you can delete the passwords associated with the multiple accounts in a Website - You should login manually from now on (do not auto-save passwords if FireFox asks to do this). This allows you to use the change password feature in Moodle without the 'Confirm Password Change' popup window from FireFox appearing.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to ICCP Training

by Guillermo Madero -

Wow! Quite interesting! When I first read your post I was wondering if that window could be related to having two users with the same password, although it didn't seem quite logical.

Thanks for your own reply! smile

In reply to Guillermo Madero

by Shruti Mishra -

Since it's a browser functionality hence you cannot disable it in your program, however there is a work around, you may add a text box with the name "emailid", set the display:none and set the value of it with the Email ID of currently logged in user.

Ex.

<input type="text" name="emailid" value="abc@xyz.com" style="display: none;" />