Number of replies: 3

When I restore a  backup courses from ver 1.4 to 1.5 I get the following error:

isteacher() should not be used without a valid course id as argument

But the course seems to restore OK.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jacob Romeyn

Re: Backup 1.4 to 1.5

by Eloy Lafuente (stronk7) -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Hi Jacob,

that's due to some in progress modification of code in 1.5dev. It should be corrected in some days... I've filled Bug 2427 about it.

Ciao smile
In reply to Jacob Romeyn

by Kevin Kelly -
Hi Jacob,

We get that message, too, but we are not trying to restore to 1.5. We are just trying to restore to our own version (Moodle 1.4.3 + (2004083134)).

Further, the course does not restore properly. It tells the instructor that he/she is successful, despite the error message you listed, but there are a lot of gaps in what is actually restored. For example, the icons for all the modules in a course are correct, but the text descriptors do not restore. Also, there are two sets of editing icons for each module when the instructor turns editing on in the restored course. Upon clicking either Edit icon, one sees "The required instance of this module doesn't exist".

Is there anything we can do, such as change settings (Moodle, PHP, etc.), so we can restore successfully?

Kevin Kelly
San Francisco State University
In reply to Kevin Kelly

by Eloy Lafuente (stronk7) -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Hi Kevin,

as I said Jacob, such isteacher() error seems to be part of a global change done some months ago. Perhaps you stopped upgrading your Moodle server just in the middle of it?

I think that the correct solution should be to upgrade to 1.4.5+ (a lot of thing have been improved since your 1.4.3+ version) and then try it again.

If your problem remains with the new version you can send me privately a copy of your backup file to examine it in my test servers...

Ciao smile