Strange backup problem

Strange backup problem

by Sigurdur Jonsson -
Number of replies: 3
Hi there,

I've been having a strange problem since upgrading to 1.5 and I believe it has something to do with backups.

Backup takes forever and suddenly every file backed up is logged in the administrator logfile, which gets very long as you can believe. This seems to slow the web down so much it becomes unusable.

I'm enclosing a screenshot of the logfile if anyone can be of assistance.

regards,
S.Fjalar
Attachment log.gif
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Sigurdur Jonsson

Re: Strange backup problem

by Eloy Lafuente (stronk7) -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Uhm,

I've seen this line inserted in the code of the backup_copy_file() function:
clam_log_upload($to_file,null,true);

Is it a good idea? I've nothing against it but perhaps it's too much repetitive info to be showed in standard logs? Couldn't them be showed under a special option in the Activities popup (like site errors) or anything similar?

Ciao smile
In reply to Eloy Lafuente (stronk7)

by Penny Leach -
It's there because if a user uploads a file that gets through on-upload scanning (say the virus definitions are out of date) and then the course is backed up/restored into a new course, and then the virus scanner is run and picks it up as a virus, the file in the new course (or whever it's copied to) needs to be resolved against a user if possible. In this case the user who copied the file to the new course.

I see that it could be a proplem in the log viewer though. I can't see how it could possibly slow down the backup.
In reply to Sigurdur Jonsson

by Stuart Mealor -
Yes, I noticed exactly the same thing on our test server.  I put it down to being 1.5beta, assuming it would be resolved before the full release?  It makes it quite difficult to pick out any real 'action' on the site, as opposed to backup processes.
Stuart