Lost Grades even in mdl_grade_grades_history

Lost Grades even in mdl_grade_grades_history

by Jamie Tinley -
Number of replies: 0

One of my experienced teachers said a student lost all her grades suddenly so I checked her course and she is right.  Next I did a querry in the database here: mdl_grade_grades_history.  I've Querried other student grades there and they show up just fine but this student has one line only yet she's enrolled in several courses and had had grades all semester long.  In fact, all her blanks should at least show up as 0's or blank in the database but I guess not.  A backup of the teachers course revealed nothing because, to my surprise, in my version of Moodle 1.9 automatic grade backups were NOT included until version 1.94. I'm working on upgrading smile And although I trained all my teachers on manual backups and regular exporting of grades to excel, alas, she has not been doing that mid semester, just at the end.

It is NOT possible that the student unenrolled because I have DISABLED that for students. The teacher did not un-enroll her nor delete every single grade.

Question

1. how can this happen spontaneiously (and with quizzes I've heard same thing)

2. Is there any way in the database to find it? I have not done a mid semester backup of the entire site, so no luck with that idea.

Thanks in advance