IP Blocker

IP Blocker

by mike schulz -
Number of replies: 6

entered "allowed" ips into ip blocker and now it blocks all attempts to get to site.  Whenever I attempt to get to site, it return with "This site is not available currently."  If I knew where Moodle stored the IPs that I put in, I would just delete them.  Using Moodle 2.0

Average of ratings: -
In reply to mike schulz

Re: IP Blocker

by Troy Pierce -

(Moodle DB) mdl_config #167 blockedip

In reply to Troy Pierce

by nay linn -

where locate is (Moodle DB) mdl_config #167 blockedip,

Please tell me.

In reply to nay linn

by Ken Task -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

You've hit a pretty old (about a year) forum thread, but ...

mdl_config is a table in the database for your Moodle.  To see values contained in the database one must use some app that can see the database tables, etc.  One such: phpmyadmin.  Or, if one is lucky enough to have terminal access to the server there is command line:

mysql -u root -p[password];

use [databaseformoodle];

select * from `mdl_config` where `name` like "%blockedip%";

One will be able override entries for blockedip via the config.php file:

$CFG->blockedip = '';

Setting is in affect for as long as the line exist.

This won't work if one is working with a Windows/Mac package meant for development ... those are set to use localhost only and making them accessible involves more than just the blockedip setting.  That, BTW, is not recommended.

'spirit of sharing', Ken

In reply to Ken Task

by nay linn -

ok Thanks, Ken

now how to edit ip blocker setting in moodle

how to change ip blocker setting as default setting

Please.

In reply to mike schulz

by rodge dulnuan -

I tried to Configure my moodle to be access by another computer, I put IP adress on "allowed IP" then i saved it then the moodle page pop me up a message "This site is not available currently". I cant access anymore my moodle. how can i solve this problem.  can you give me some idea.. thanks.

Attachment unavailable.PNG